Illinois Shelter in Place Status & COVID-19
It is difficult to put into words this incredible emotional roller coaster we are all on, as we navigate through these trying times together. As the news surrounding the COVID-19 coronavirus continues to evolve, I wanted to reassure you that American Litho is here for you whenever you need us.
Last week, several states, including California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, and Ohio, issued “Shelter in Place” orders that close all “nonessential business” in their states. American Litho’s Direct Mail production facilities are not impacted by this order and will continue to operate to serve you. Our workers are considered essential critical infrastructure workers under recent guidance issued by the Department of Homeland Security. White House and CDC guidance have also stated that such industries (producing governmental information, mail that is essential to the functioning of our economy, election materials, and packaging for food), have a special responsibility to maintain normal work schedules.
Our hearts go out to those who have been affected by this unprecedented event and we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments who are all working to contain this coronavirus. In the midst of COVID-19, and with so much that is uncertain, we can say with certainty that business does continue. Our presses are running and we are still meeting all client deliverables while operating with everyone’s safety and wellness at the forefront of our concerns.
We all have social responsibilities to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and American Litho is doing its part; the following procedures and operational changes have been implemented to mitigate disruption to our clients:
- Many of our employees will be working remotely.
- We have invested heavily in telecommuting technologies to enable and enhance communication with each of you, our valued customers, partners, and friends.
- To promote a responsible sense of social distancing, we have staggered shifts and desk locations for those that must come to the office.
- On a daily continuous basis, we are cleaning and sanitizing our facility and office areas.
- We have added additional cleaning stations for hands throughout the facility.
- We have strategically purchased high order and high-volume consumable materials in advance of the current situation to ensure business as usual.
- We continue to communicate with all of our suppliers on a daily basis to navigate potential supply chain disruptions.
We take great pride in the dedicated team at American Litho.
Working together, I believe we can get through this difficult time and perhaps even learn new ways to add value for our respective customers.
We truly appreciate your business and will continue to work diligently to serve your needs.
Please stay safe and healthy as we look forward to the future.
Michael Fontana, President/CEO