What’s happening with your marketing budget right now?
If this question makes you cringe, we want you to know we feel your pain.
Every decision-maker we’ve spoken with lately has asked us how to achieve greater impact with fewer dollars. That’s always been a priority – but right now, it’s a total imperative.
Take heart. Because this week, we’re going to show you that the core messaging you need may already exist in your video archive. All you need is a strategy to make the most of existing assets.
Why video is a superstar in the marketing mix
You already know that video gets more attention than any other kind of content. YouTube is now the world’s second largest search engine, with 30 million visitors watching 5 billion videos daily. (We can’t wait to see how those numbers look later in the year, with millions sheltering in place and more time on their hands than ever.)
More evidence that video will work well for your brand right now:
- The average viewing session is 40 minutes long, up 60% year-over-year.
- Studies show that 80% of users recall video ads they’ve seen in the past month.
Programmatic techniques to maximize video ROI
Amerilytics℠, our proprietary data analytics suite, gives us the power to bring you a wide range of programmatic video options. Programmatic advertising lets you define the audience you want to reach in detail and set a specific budget. Media buys are made via data-driven, real-time bidding. As with Google pay-per-click ads, the video ad with the highest bid wins. Media placements take only moments to deliver your message to your ideal customers.
The American Litho team can help you plan and launch
- Pre-roll video ads that run before free video content from local news sites and national channels such as CNN, Forbes, ABC Family and more.
- Mid-roll video ads appearing in longer video content – for example, popular TV episodes that millions are streaming right now.
- Post-roll video ads, which can be added to your own video content or segments from a marketing partner.
- Non-skippable ads of 15 seconds or less, ensuring that viewers users will view the full ad before continuing on to free content.
- Skippable ads longer than 15 seconds, giving viewers the choice to skip forward after 5 seconds.
- In-banner video ads converted to run in standard display banner spaces.
- Geotargeting, including site and search retargeting, that identifies customers in geographic areas where you want to grow.
- Keyword and category contextual targeting that captures signals showing what customers care about most and how they found you.
How to leverage existing video assets
The right mix of programmatic video techniques can deliver your ideal audience. But what if the video assets you have on hand don’t feel fresh and relevant?
No problem. With a little vision and ingenuity (and a very modest budget), you can edit and republish what you have. Here’s how to do it.
Look for evergreen video content that’s already getting high engagement.
Tell new stories with existing content by:
- Identifying short clips you can reassemble to create fresh messages.
- Adding new music, graphics or voice over messages.
- Using a light touch. In serious times, humor and positive messaging really work!
- Hitting people where they live. If you can make people feel happier, more comfortable and more hopeful at home right now, you’ll win big.
How exactly will these concepts work for your brand?
No two marketers use video ads in the same way, so this is a good question. Maybe you’d love to try these ideas out, but you’re not sure how to get started. Or you’re worried you won’t know how to edit existing content into ads with strong appeal.
Can we help you solve these issues and create a strategy that works?
Absolutely. Just let us know when you’re ready to chat.